Here we are my friends; another season and a new beginning. Welcome back to those who are here and for those who will be arriving. It is good to be back among friends and the warm weather.
Who would have thought when we left in the Spring that the Corona virus would still be around?
It still is, and who knows when it will be contained? It will be a different season and a slower beginning.
As most of you know, I plan my season with events before I leave. Entertainment was booked with contracts signed and tickets made. I know you appreciate having the ticket order in advance but this is one year that we will take it one day at a time! Thank you for your understanding. The good news is that we will make the best of this season and we will continue to have some events–
ALL OUTSIDE for now and all with strict standards of safety first! Kudos to all our club and activity leaders who also are revising their rules to include safety precautions with Covid.
We are all following the CDC Guidelines and Maricopa County rules which are:
* Masks required at all times ! The only time masks may be taken off is when you are seated at your table.
* All tables will be 6 foot distanced from one another and there
will be limited people at the table. Find your trusted circle of friends.
* When there is a food event, the kitchen will adhere to strict standards of cleanliness. Jerry, our chef, and Tracy, our volunteer coordinator, have rules for the wonderful volunteers who will be serving you.
* We ask that you do your part to come to the events with your
mask on, including going through the food line! This is for your protection and the protection of others.
* A pump sanitizer will be placed before you enter the food line.
* Please stay home if your are not feeling well.
* If you do not feel comfortable to attend the event, please keep in mind that carry out is always an option. Remember to bring your ticket with you. More information on food safety in the “Kitchen Korner.” Thank you for all the current and future kitch-en volunteers who have offered to serve. We could not have our food functions without you! We appreciate all our volunteers.
Right now I am only planning for the first 3 months with the hopes of being able to keep our booked events for Jan., Feb. and Mar. Everything is subject to change. Come and pick up the revised ticket order list with events scheduled through Dec. Sharon and I would love to say hello and welcome you!
In times like these, let us all remember we are a community of family and friends. Let us be respectful of others opinions. We do not have to always agree with one another. We can “agree to disagree.” There are many decisive things in our country now. Because we are “the friendliest park in the West, we can show each other by example to be kind to one another. Kindness is not an emotion or a feeling. It is something you do toward someone. Following the Covid Rules is a way of acting kind to your fellow residents at Silveridge! Many of you are showing your kindness by self-quarantining when you first arrive.
Let us SEE the needs of others, Sympathize with their pain, and Help when we can.
Remember how blessed we are to be here. We have chosen to be at Silveridge.
Let’s gather together with our trusted circle of friends and find our Happy Place.
A Message From Sue